To all Authorized Signatories and Station Managers,
The Airport wishes to communicate with you in regards to the ongoing COVID 19 situation and how it effects your employees and badging at SFO.
Effective Thursday March 19, 2020, and until further notice the following changes are being implemented.
- SAO operational hours will be limited to 6:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- All employees, except Authorized Signatories and employees with Movement Area privileges, who are renewing their badges will not be required to complete Computer Based Training (CBT).
- Employees will be provided with fliers as a reminder of their security responsibilities in-lieu of CBT Training.
- All individuals applying for new badges will still be required to complete all required CBT’s.
- If you currently have schedule an appointment for CBT for a badge renewal, please cancel that appointment and schedule a badging appointment.
- Employees should schedule badging appointments, and come in with their required two forms of valid government issued ID.
- Employee’s badges will only be renewed if they are within 30 calendar days of their badge expiration.
- Authorized Signatories must ensure that the employee’s badge status has been updated to “Renew” through the AIDMS web portal before the employee comes int to renew their badge.
- If an employee has a CBP Seal on their badge, the renewal of the CBP Seal must be approved prior to the SAO issuing a new badge.
- If you have employees who will not be able to come in prior to their badge expiration due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, please send an email to email@example.com with that employee’s name, UPID, and expiration date. Once you provide this information, the SAO will reach out to you with further instructions.
In addition, we have taken the following steps in an effort to ensure the well being of all employees who need to come to the SAO.
- Appointments for Computer Based Training are being limited to conform to the social distancing guidelines recommended by the CDC. Every attempt is being made to seat individuals in every other work station.
- Standby’s are being cancelled in an effort to limit the number of individuals waiting in our lobby area.
- Hand sanitizers are available to all employees in all areas of the SAO including the lobby, CBT, fingerprint and badge workstations.
- Staff are frequently wiping down and sanitizing CBT workstations and service counters.
We are also asking that if you have employees who are sick, or are displaying any symptoms such as a cough, please ask them to reschedule their appointments. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will provide updates as necessary, however, currently there are no plans for the SAO to be closed.
If you have any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.