The Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office issues and manages Customs Seals for individuals requiring access to CBP security areas in order to perform their job duties. If your company or operation requires access to the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Areas at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) as defined in 19 CFR 122.181, please contact the CBP Security Seals Office at 650.877.4002 or email at email@example.com.
Do not attempt to make any appointments for application for a CBP Security Seal until your company has been identified and established with the local SFO CBP Seals Office. Your applications and appointments will be cancelled.
There will be only 15 standbys for CBP every day. There are no guarantees that all standbys will be seen.
- Standby’s will be accepted beginning at 0600
- Standby’s will check in at the SAO Reception Desk to receive a standby number
- IDs will be verified during check in and again in the CBP office
- The standby process is on a first come first serve basis and there are no guarantees that all standby’s will be seen. Standbys who are not seen will be required to repeat this process the following day
Please note, CBP Seal Applicants are no longer required to return to the CBP Seals Office to obtain a clearance memo. All of the clearances will be updated in the Airport’s Identity Management System. Individuals should report directly to the Security Access Office (SAO) for a badging/CBT appointment following the five (5) business day processing time for customs seal applications, unless you have been contacted by CBP or a member of the SAO management team.
International Terminal, Main Hall, 5th Level
Next to the Security Access Office
Non-validated parking is available in the International Garage, G Side.
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays
First and third Thursday of each month
- Complete the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Form 3078
- Two forms of valid government issued IDs (Social Security Cards not accepted)
For more information about U.S. Customs Seal requirements, call 650.877.4002 or visit http://www.cbp.gov/.