AIRPORT EMPLOYEE BART DISCOUNT PROGRAM
SFO employees or volunteers can save $4.55 on every BART trip to and from the airport by enrolling in the Airport Employee BART Discount program. Badged SFO employees or Team SFO Discount Pass holders are eligible to sign up. If you are an employee but do not have an Airport badge, please call the Business and Career Center at (650) 821-5242 to obtain a Team SFO Discount Pass.
What you need to sign up:
- Computer with internet access
- Your SFO-issued security ID badge or Team SFO Discount Pass
- Valid debit/credit card
- An email address
Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to https://ezrider.bart.gov and scroll down to the “SFO Airport Employees” section.
- Read the FAQ and tutorial.
- Verify your eligibility by inputting your first and last name exactly as shown on your SFO ID badge or Team SFO Discount Pass, as well as the UPID or CUPID code. If the sign-up page does not appear, your information is not accessible to BART. If you are a new employee, you will need to wait 1-2 days for the Security Access Office to process it.
- If you still can’t sign up, send an e-mail to email@example.com, including your name as shown on your security badge, your UPID or CUPID code, and your employer. We will follow up with Airport IT and BART.
- Submit your personal information and payment card details. You can also choose to use your credit or debit card to pay for BART parking.
- You will be charged $20 for the one-time administrative fee.
- Your credit/debit card will be charged $45 when you first use the SFO BART Discount Card, and a $3 bonus will be added.
- Your SFO BART Discount Card will be mailed to you.
- To activate the card, follow the included instructions.
- The BCC team can also help employees troubleshoot sign-up or other card issues. Employees can make an appointment with the BCC by calling 650.821.5242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING BART DISCOUNT CARD ACCOUNTS AND ISSUING REFUNDS
- You may easily close your BART Discount Card accounts by logging on to https://ezrider.bart.gov/ezrider/ and receive a refund of the remaining transit balance net of the 6.25% high value discount. The net refund will be refunded to the payment/commuter benefits card on file in 3-5 business days. The payment/commuter benefits card must be valid and not expired to prevent any refund delays.
BART SCHEDULE CHANGES
- For up-to-date BART schedules and updates, please encourage your employees to visit https://www.bart.gov/ or download BART’s Official App (available at the Apple App store or the Google Play store).
BART/CLIPPER CARD MIGRATION IN FALL 2021
- Existing SFO BART Discount Cards will be replaced with new integrated Clipper cards in September 2021.
- With the new card, you can use Clipper’s mobile app for easy account login, adding a payment method and account funds will now be instant (this used to take 24 hours to update).
- The new cards will be compatible with new gates.
- Please ensure you have a current address on file so that BART can mail you a new card. You may easily update your mailing address for your BART Discount Card accounts by logging on to https://ezrider.bart.gov/ezrider/.
For more information, please contact:
SFO’s Business and Career Center
We are offering virtual services 7 days per a week.
Call 650.821.5242 or email email@example.com.