MAKING A DIFFERENCE BY HELPING PEOPLE AFFECTED BY THE CALIFORNIA WILDFIRES
The MVP Committee is committed to supporting our fellow Airport employees and Bay Area communities that have been affected by the Northern California wildfires. Please consider making a difference by donating to local charities that provide relief to wildfire victims.
Puente's Emergency Relief Fund - https://mypuente.org/ (designate “Fire Relief Fund”)
The CZU August Lightning Complex Fire is 100% contained, but the fire has consumed 86,509 acres, destroyed 1,490 structures and damaged 140 structures in San Mateo and Santa Cruz counties. With the support of donors, Puente is providing financial assistance to those who lost their home, material goods, work hours or had unexpected expenses due to the fires.
Red Cross - https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation.html/
Since August, 1,300 American Red Cross employees and volunteers have:
1. Provided emergency shelter to 163,000 people.
2. Served more than 462,000 meals and snacks.
3. Distributed nearly 28,000 relief items including sifters, trash bags and masks.
4. Made 27,000 individual care contacts to help people with medical or disability needs.
5. Provided emotional and spiritual support.
San Mateo County Strong Fund - https://www.smcstrong.org/
The San Mateo County Board of Supervisors approved $3,000,000 to establish the San Mateo Country Strong Fund to support those who have been most impacted in the County. Along with donations, the funds will benefit:
1. Individuals/families: Help cover basic household expenses.
2. Small Local Businesses: Help avoid layoffs and stay open or reopen once feasible.
3. Non-Profits: Provide services to seniors, homeless or people with disabilities.
4. Child Care: Provide relief for licensed child care centers and family child care homes, as well as license-exempt public recreation and school-district operated programs.
Should you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Shayleen Schultz at (650) 296-9654, Stephanie Francisco at (650) 821-5256, Teresa Notarmaso at (650) 821-2857 or Nicole Tate at (650) 821-3322.