Resumption of more destinations, more frequent flights
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) continued to welcome the resumption of nonstop flights from international airlines in July 2020, including the following:
- Air Canada resumed flights to Montreal, operating three per week
- Asiana Airlines increased the frequency of flights to Seoul from 3 times per week to 5 per week
- China Airlines increased the frequency of flights to Taipei to two per week
- Japan Airlines resumed flights to Tokyo-Narita, operating three per week
- United Airlines increased the frequency of flights to Frankfurt from 3 times weekly to daily
- SAS resumed passenger flights to Copenhagen, operating two per week
- Air France resumed passenger flights to Paris, operating three per week
- United Airlines resumed the following passenger service flights:
- Hong Kong, with 5 flights per week
- Seoul, with 3 per week
- Shanghai (via Seoul), twice per week
- Vancouver twice daily
- KLM resumed passenger flights to Amsterdam, operating three per week
- United Airlines resumed flights to Tel Aviv, operating three per week
- Turkish Airlines resumed flights to Istanbul, operating three per week
- Air New Zealand resumed flights to Auckland, operating three per week
Please note: all flight information is subject to change and government approvals. Please check directly with your airline for the latest information.
Although these airlines are resuming limited service, all travel advisories, restrictions on entry, and arrival screening procedures remain in effect. These include the Department of Homeland Security arrival restrictions requiring American citizens, legal permanent residents, and their immediate families who have been in certain countries at any point in the 14 days before their scheduled arrival to the United States to travel through one of 15 airports upon arrival to the U.S., submit to an enhanced entry screening and self-quarantine for 14 days once they reach their final destination. For more information, please visit www.flysfo.com/covid19.
The Official Airline Guide (OAG) provides a database of airlines’ flight schedules that is updated periodically. According to the July 20, 2020, OAG schedules, SFO has 135 weekly international flights scheduled for the week of July 27, 2020. This compares to original schedules, prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, of 935 weekly international flights scheduled for the month of July 2020.