The MVP Committee invites all Airport employees and school children to show love and appreciation to our active duty military personnel and local veterans by writing letters and cards to thank them for their service to our country. This year, in response to COVID-19, we are also offering digital submission of letters (size 8.5x11) and cards formatted as a PDF document or single page Google or Word document files. Submitters must have a Google account to access the following Google Drive site: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aiul0pmoyZbPMexxPwcCFnIPvP4x2bhI
Outreach and share the following guidelines with your family, friends, and your community school(s).
- Do not write last names or home addresses. For students, if their school allows them to do so, they may write their first name, grade and the school’s name and address.
- Draw pictures and/or write letters with uplifting and positive messages.
- Write about yourself, but not about politics or controversial issues.
- Do not write sentences that will have a negative impact on the morale of the troops.
Samples of cards/letters and an introductory letter to share with your school(s) are attached:
With help from Airport employees, tenants and local school communities, we hope to reach our goal of 2,500 letters and cards. All letters and cards must be submitted to the Google Drive site (if digital) or to Hazelle Fernandez, SFO Business Center, 2nd Floor, Accounting Office by November 16, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Kathy Mark at Kathy.Mark@flysfo.com or 650.303.3446 or
(650) 303-3446 or Hazelle Fernandez at Hazelle.Fernandez@flysfo.com or 650.821.2881.